Monday, September 6, 2010

Long Time

Long Time

Long time since we broke some bread
Looks like a lot of gray hair has grown on the top of that head
The years have moved oh too quickly
Come to think of it, you always did look kind of sickly
Remember holding hands
Going out on Saturday nights and listening to live bands
A walk downtown to cool off the lust
Then a cold beer to wash away the dust
Home and then there was another tomorrow
I called and called but all I remember a whole lot of sorrow
Off you went into another guy’s car
You ran from love but not so far
Give me a kiss and hold me tight
Perhaps you and I are ready for this night
Time has passed but we must do our part
Give me the decades of lost love and stop breaking my heart
A hug for old glory
Then our dreams will recount the story

Thanks,
Joseph Pede

No comments: