Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Your Smile Brightened My Day

Your Smile Brightened My Day

As you placed your tender hand in mine
My heart began to skip a beat divine
Goose-bumps raced atop my skin
I had found my soul’s long lost twin

Your beautiful smile brightened my day
As friends, rather than lovers, life would have us stay
Your hair smelled like the first day of spring
Our souls sung, as two lonely sparrows would in nature sing

Words comforted what a kiss might easily cure
A soft embrace would have sealed the deal for sure
Cute was the walk as you turned to leave
It would have been easier if this had only been make-believe

Love we found in the most peculiar place
Friendship discovered in a stranger’s mysterious face
Let us not be afraid of the iron gate
Through the passage awaits love and fate.

Thank you,
Joseph Pede

No comments: