Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Silence

The Silence

 
I sleep lonely in my cozy bed

Innumerable thoughts fill my inquisitive head

Pillows keep me company on the other side

As well the noise of my dog seeking a comfortable place to hide

The television stares, emitting pictures with no voice

Silence you know is the thinker’s choice

Light bulbs offer light for as long as they can

Electricity a power source available since time began

Outside I hear the roar of lightning and thunder

Mother Nature does her best to create an amazing wonder

The sound of raindrops resonate atop my sleepy head

Playing a melodic melody for the prying dead

Raccoons and squirrels remain quiet throughout the night

They too nervous and a little uptight

Creaks and scrapes can be heard throughout

Perhaps carrying a coded message rather than shout

I smile as I lay my head ready to sleep

Asking could the silence really be so deep?

 

Thank you,
Joseph Pede

No comments: