Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sleep



Sleep

I awoke from my sleep not knowing where sleep had taken me

I knew not why my body grew weary of its awakening

Neither do I know how sleep overtook me

Darkness surrounded my unconscious body throughout the night

My eyes were made sightless by my body’s fatigue

My ears had become victims of an unrelenting silence

My mouth rhythmically enslaved to the beat of my pumping heart

My nose insusceptible to the aromas of the night

My everything had succumb to something greater than I

Only dreams separated me from death’s door

In the obliviousness my mind instinctively sought the comfort of the hologram

There the events of time would become the déjà vu of animation.

Thank you,
Joseph Pede





My mind is now occupied. My dreams have life beyond my sleep. Young men now fill navy vessels waiting for war.

No comments: