Thursday, August 21, 2014

War, I Invite You Now



War, I Invite You Now


War, I invite you now

To you I shall never bow

You are the coward directed by the very few

Gutless in all that you think and do

Bringing only death and fright

Harbinger of the cold and lonely night   
    

Disease, I invite you now

The cold sweat God will wipe from my achy brow

You are the invention of fanatical men

A curse upon you I pledge with this mighty pen

Bringing only tears and pain

Never will you flow through my spiritual vein


Hunger, I invite you now

Your agony more filling than the golden cow

You are controlled by the butchers of evil

Your mission only to create certain upheaval

I will not dine at your dinner plate

There is a Heaven with a more bountiful gate



Thank you,
Joseph Pede

No comments: