Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Babylonian Naught


The Babylonian Naught



Each night I lay me down to sleep

Dry eyes prepare themselves for their nightly weep

Hands clasped to protect one another from the dark

Fetal positioned like a question mark

My mind commences to wander in all directions

Contemplating the lot of Mankind’s imperfections

Questioning the need for humanity’s ubiquitous misbehavior

Where I ask is the intervention of the fallen Saviour

Restlessness incites me to ask that which I cannot

Answers in turn as mysterious as the Babylonian naught

Prayers persist in asking the unanswerable questions

Clues in time help ease the mind’s cramping indigestion

Life’s mysteries are the domain of the One Divine 

Know only that we are infinite creatures crafted of spiritual twine


Thank you,
Joseph Pede

No comments: