Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Silence

The Silence

Loneliness fills my sleepy bed

Many thoughts fill my inquisitive head

Pillows keep me company on either side

As well as the dog seeking a comfortable place to hide

The television stares, emitting images with no voice

Silence you know is the thinker’s choice

Light bulbs offer light for as long as they can

Electricity a power source since time began

Outside I hear the roar of lightning and thunder

Mother Nature doing her best to create amazing wonders

The sound of raindrops resonate atop my sleepy head

Playing a melodic melody for the prying dead

Raccoons and squirrels manoever throughout the night

Their world awakens when there is no light

Creaks and scrapes can be heard throughout

Carrying coded messages from spirits who dare not shout

I think as I lay my head to sleep

Could the silence really be so deep?


Thank you,
Joseph Pede

No comments: