Hegelian Smoke
All around, humanity is positioned on its knees
I awake, more puzzled than the
day before
The grotesqueness of reality more
troublesome than a pus-filled sore
Politicians would have you
believe that we are on the right path
The mind however portentously warns
of an impending wrath
All around, humanity is positioned on its knees
Ominously we appear to have the
same fate as the disappearing bees
Money has become a daily cross for people to
bear
Families find it difficult even
for a little love to give and to share
Fear has been seeded along every
road and high-way
Corporations nightly sweep the
barren roads of the sacrificial prey
Media presents an ongoing
revisionist perspective of current events
Hate the only topic newscasters appear
to incessantly present
I go to sleep more perplexed than
when I awoke
Contemplation is lost in the Hegelian
smoke
God I know is looking on with
reassuring eyes
But how does one inspire those
who have chosen apathy to baptize.
Thank you,
Joseph Pede
No comments:
Post a Comment