Attached is a letter I sent to all of Toronto's Municipal Councillors:
Good afternoon all:
I requested the attached information from your Waste management offices. According to Renee the City collects approximately 4611 tons of plastic - equivalent to 9,222,000 pounds or 4,183,000 kilograms.
You may or may not be aware of technology that has been developed by a Japanese scientist. His "plastic to oil" technology has been endorsed by the United Nations. In fact, one Canadian company is already employing the technology. I have attached the information in the following LINK:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/whitehorse-gets-machine-to-convert-plastic-into-oil-1.1287529
The results show that 1 kilogram of plastic waste generates 1 litre of oil. A litre of oil at today's market pricing would approximate $1.25.
At the top end of the recovery scale the City generates $400.00 per ton when disposing plastics or 20 cents per pound. From a metric perspective that would be 20 cents per .4536 kilogram or 44.09 cents per kilogram/litre. The 44.09 represents a third of liter market price of oil. Please keep in mind that I have calculated the highest recovery value for the waste plastic. If I use the least recovery value of $10 ton then the amounts converts to .005 cents per pound or one 1.1 cent per kilogram/litre.
I have attached the LINK for the technology below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGabrorRS8
The following LINK points out a tragic ocean story.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/09/23/something-the-entire-world-should-see-most-of-us-are-simply-unaware/
Corporate LINK for technology supplier:
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.en-erg.pl/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DE.N.ERG%26biw%3D1093%26bih%3D492
Thank you,
Joseph Pede
Toronto, Ontario
Good afternoon all:
I requested the attached information from your Waste management offices. According to Renee the City collects approximately 4611 tons of plastic - equivalent to 9,222,000 pounds or 4,183,000 kilograms.
You may or may not be aware of technology that has been developed by a Japanese scientist. His "plastic to oil" technology has been endorsed by the United Nations. In fact, one Canadian company is already employing the technology. I have attached the information in the following LINK:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/whitehorse-gets-machine-to-convert-plastic-into-oil-1.1287529
The results show that 1 kilogram of plastic waste generates 1 litre of oil. A litre of oil at today's market pricing would approximate $1.25.
At the top end of the recovery scale the City generates $400.00 per ton when disposing plastics or 20 cents per pound. From a metric perspective that would be 20 cents per .4536 kilogram or 44.09 cents per kilogram/litre. The 44.09 represents a third of liter market price of oil. Please keep in mind that I have calculated the highest recovery value for the waste plastic. If I use the least recovery value of $10 ton then the amounts converts to .005 cents per pound or one 1.1 cent per kilogram/litre.
I have attached the LINK for the technology below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGGabrorRS8
The following LINK points out a tragic ocean story.
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/09/23/something-the-entire-world-should-see-most-of-us-are-simply-unaware/
Corporate LINK for technology supplier:
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.en-erg.pl/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DE.N.ERG%26biw%3D1093%26bih%3D492
Thank you,
Joseph Pede
Toronto, Ontario
No comments:
Post a Comment