Posted
by Royce Christyn
With
marijuana laws becoming less and less restrictive in the US and other countries
around the world, there has been a renaissance of sorts of cookbooks, online cooking
shows and the such to help people make their marijuana taste good in recipes.
Enter Nonna
Marijuana, the Italian Julia Child of weed cooking – DListed did a great profile [1] on
this overnight YouTube sensation, who, ironically, has been hosting this online
show for years! Dlisted writer Michael K says:
Nonna
Marijuana has been
on the Internet for years and I’m mad that I barely
discovered her brilliance yesterday, because if I would have known about her
sooner I would have gladly hosted Thanksgiving dinner at my place. Good shit
gnocchi is the perfect dish to help you deal with your family. VICE’s weed
channel Munchies introduced me to stoner national treasure Nonna Marijuana
(government name: Aurora Leveroni) who has been called the world’s
most-accomplished marijuana chef. To answer the question in your head, I’ll let
you know if Nonna Marijuana ever announces that she’s looking to adopt extra
grandchildren.
For over
75 years, Nonna Marijuana has been cooking Italian deliciousness and five years
ago, she marijuana-ized her recipes when her daughter Valerie, who is a medical
marijuana activist here in CA, started suffering from seizures following a car
accident. Nonna Marijuana now uses her culinary expertise to help people who
are sick and need some healing. Using good shit buds grown by her daughter,
Nonna Marijuana makes the perfect weed butter and adds that to her recipes.
Nonna Marijuana isn’t into riding the green cloud herself, so she relies on
others to nibble on her good shit creations to make sure the taste is just
right. To answer the question in your head, I’ll let you know if Nonna
Marijuana ever accepts applications for volunteer taste testers. Or maybe I
won’t, because I don’t need the competition.
Nonna
Marijuana isn’t only a master at the ganja culinary arts, she’s also a
lightning bolt of wit. In an episodes of Munchies’ Bong Appetit series, Nonna
Marijuana lets everyone know that she’s NOT THE ONE when it comes to screwing
with her weed.
“No
sticks, no stones will break my bones. But don’t fool around with my marijuana.
I can assure you that if you do, sticks and stones will break your bones.”
That’s
very close to what my abuelita used to say, which is: “Sticks and chanceltas
will break your bones if you fool around with me.”
Nonna
Marijuana turns 92 (NINETY TWO!) on December 25, so from now on, we should also
celebrate her birth on Christmas Day by making her signature dish: Chicken
Pot-cciatore!
Viva
Nonna Marijuana! If HGTV knows what’s right for them and America, they’d cancel
all of their current shows (except for Drunk Ass Sandra Lee’s show) and give
all of their airtime to Nonna Marijuana and Auntie Fee. Those three are the only culinary
experts we need.
See
more at: http://yournewswire.com/marijuana-cooking-italian-grandmother-becomes-youtube-sensation-overnight/#sthash.ctxIwsbZ.dpuf

No comments:
Post a Comment