Saturday, December 29, 2018

My Little Guy "Ali Pede" passed away today 12/29/2018


My Little Guy "Ali Pede" passed away today 12/29/2018


My little guy came from Italy (Ali-talia) on a plane many years ago. He was a rambunctious and a strong willed Yorkshire Terrier. Sometimes he had more courage than common sense. He disliked big dogs immensely, and loved chasing squirrels. He was so cute!

Catching the ball was his favourite pass-time. He loved to play with our grandkids and protected the entire family - he felt that was his divine calling.

For the past 18 months he had kidney failure. My wife and I gave him I.V. twice daily for that entire time. Taking care of the ones you love is a big job, but Ali was worth it. 

Ali’s biggest attributes were barking and not listening. What a character.

I knew a day would come when Ali would leave us, but his departure is tremendously sorrowful. Ali and I were extremely close. No matter what I was doing Ali would always be on the back of my mind. I did my best to have him accompany me wherever I went. We were like brothers.

In the spring, summer and fall we would sit on the veranda - he would bark at everything and everyone - then I would give him an occasional rub down to calm him down. This spring I will sit alone, remembering only the wonderful times with Ali.

Ali, daddy, mommy and the entire family love you and we will miss you beyond belief. Go find Chianti, Nonno Armando and Damiano. Have fun in heaven, and behave. We will never forget you. I know our souls will one day meet again - be ready to play ball.

P.S.

On the morning of January 6, 2019 we picked up Ali's remains at the Vet's office. We placed him in a casket filled with family photos, his raggedy coat, leash and a crucifix with a scapular of Mother Mary attached. Later that afternoon our family and Minister Andrew Allen gathered to place Ali in his grave. It was a cool, sunny and windy day. Andrew gave a 15 minute sermon that was quite touching. My grandson had his hands in prayer all the while. After placing the casket in the grave we each took turns placing soil atop Ali's casket. When the funeral service came to an end a thick ball-like snow commenced to fall with major intensity. The snow began and ended within a couple of minutes. That must of been Ali's way of acknowledging and thanking us for having loved him. 

On January 15, 2019 at 9:30AM Tara Mitruk from Village Gate Veterinary Clinic phoned me with exciting news. Tara told me Ali appeared to her. He looked wonderful and his coat was beautiful. Ali thanked her for taking care of him the many times he was not well. Tara was moved and thankful for the visit. She explained that it was an incredible experience. I knew my little crazy boy was a gentleman. He truly was an amazingly mischievous little pecker-head. I miss you Ali.

Love always,
Daddy, Mommy, Nonna, Armand, Suzanne, Nicholas and Kiara


No comments: