Friday, September 29, 2023

Love

Love


The pain of love is in knowing 

that our physical bodies will one day part from this plane of existence

The pain of love is in knowing 

that I will no longer be able to hold you

The pain of love is in knowing 

that I will no longer feel your warm breath upon my face as we slumber

The pain of love is in knowing 

that I will no longer caress your hand or kiss your lips

The pain of love is in knowing 

that death will one day separate us


The beauty of our love 

is that it has never waned

The beauty of our love 

is that I have loved you as much as love permitted and more

The beauty of our love

is that the grave will resurrect and once again conjoin our souls

The beauty of our love 

is that the angels and saints will smile upon us as we travel throughout the heavens

The beauty of our love 

is that God made this love only for you and I


Thank you,

Joseph Pede

No comments: