Thursday, November 28, 2024

born tragically hip

born tragically hip

born tragically hip

a Diefenbaker remnant

the outsider with good intentions

i loved Lucy in the 50s

but I was a child of the 60s

my profile don’t fit the norm

gone is the Gas Works

gone is the Canary Cottage and K.C.

gone is the weed at Danforth and Broadview 

the Beaches remind me of the Beatles

milk tastes better than Heineken

the iPhone doesn’t have a tail

it’s more fun being a rolling stone

cruising past Otis siting on the dock of the bay

I don’t fish

but I eat more fish than steak

i feel like a Foot in Cold Water

sipping on diluted April Wine

getting old is tragic for the hip

does little for everything else

but I still have Jesus

He’s cool

just like Fonda in Easy Rider

when I’m in trouble He asks Guess Who

I’m cool

but the days of JFK are back

it ain’t Putin, but our boys playin’ war with Satan


thank you,

Joseph Pede

No comments: