Knife and Gun
Today I witnessed an assault
The guilty party said it was not his fault
He said knives have a mind of their own
Insanity prevails from a place that is unknown
Today I heard that someone had been shot
The killer said justice was not something he sought
He said bullets to the gun are permanently enslaved
Hypnotizing those stereotyped as being depraved
Today a van went out of control
The driver said transforming people into bowling pins was not his goal
He said the gas pedal was fuelled by an overwhelming hate
His soul had succumb to an unbearable weight
Today I heard millions of children died of hunger
Did you even think to wonder
How food failed to find the children’s empty mouths
Kindness appeared lost by the uncaring crowds
Today I heard the jew and muslim had once again declared war
I had to ask. what for
Was there a coldness in their political embrace
Were their hands tired of offering a warm handshake
Today the Indian and Negro asked, why me
I have been a slave and corpse throughout Man’s entire history
We sought only to live amongst the quiet of Mother Nature
We assumed there was no place safer
Today the politician said, all was okay
We only intervene when despots go astray
Death and destruction are lawful when we give the order
For us, murder has no border
Thank you,
Joseph Pede
Joseph Pede
No comments:
Post a Comment